View Single Post
Old 09-20-2005, 12:12 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow248
I'm not talking about the 70's and 80's and early 90's. Imports WERE better cars back in the early 90's. I wouldn't dispute that. I'm Talking about NOW. The 21st century, where despite the lack of evidence to support the idea that imports are better than domestics, there is still this idea that "nothing's built like a Toyota". In fact there are 10 automakers that build cars BETTER than Toyota. The import companies built good cars to build a good reputation, and even now that their quality has fallen enough to meet or even drop below the quality of domestic vehicles, they still exploit that past image through creative advertising.
i think you're confusing "initial quality" (1st 3 months, rattles, stupid stuff that gets fixed under warranty) with long term quality (unless you can see into teh future.)

Domestics haven't proven themselves just yet, and i'm not getting bit in the a55 again until i see evidence proving otherwise. besides, the big 3 aren't building cars that i would want to buy, or even look at (in my price range, anyway.)

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)