View Single Post
Old 08-11-2009, 03:46 PM

Registered SVX
Re: How To Do the Bosch Relay Mod???

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwren View Post
Trevor, if you carefully analyze the mod circuit, you will see that the primary circuit of the relay has a ground that is a part of the new circuit. The contact circuit is not related to ground.

Would it alleviate your concern to observe that the "fault" you refer to is not a part in any way to the mod Bosch circuit.

When you get the click yourself , you will, as most of us do, routinely check the starter and and all the things I tested before the Bosch relay circuit was worked out. Then about 60 seconds later, you will be headed for the nearest auto parts supplier to get yourself your very own Bosch relay!!!

Cheers back!

Again, cheers Trevor.

Keith
Keith, your continuing arguments are not based on fact.

The coil resistance is the specific item involved in the problem. One end of the coil has always been grounded, as it must be for the relay to operate. This is not a new feature. Please confine yourself to comments regarding that which you understand.

You are not wise enough to pre determine my actions. I will never leave an existing fault in place and use a stop gap measure as a means of overcoming a problem. I will locate the problem, analyse the cause and fix it. I and am quite sure that I have the skill to do so.

Even so, I would consider fitting a slave relay, if the fault was clearly evident, as being due to excessive current.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!