View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 06:37 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to UPnorth362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomake Wan View Post
Very interesting... I've got it all saved and stuff, and was going to try my hand at writing something for out car... but it turns out he's got a Subaru Select Monitor protocol written already, for both OBD1 and OBD2 cars. So I guess all people need is the cable. My observations on the cable for the Select Monitor (v2) are that it's DB-29 Serial-->OBDII-->OBDI to go to our (92-95) cars. Meaning that aside from a physical appearance difference (and therefore, a change in which pins perform which function), it would appear that there is no serious difference between OBDI and OBDII input for our cars.

Another interesting tidbit... the interface for that Java-based program looks suspisciously like the Windows interface the guy on VWRX uses. I have a feeling I know where that VWRX guy got his idea, hahaha.

But this looks quite promising! I'll have to dig deeper into the code and see what comes up. With any luck, this'll be our cross-platform program of choice!

I wonder if it supports writing to the ECU...?
Quote:
Originally Posted by b3lha View Post
Wow. I've only just seen this thread. Nice work Mike. This will be much easier for people than trying to build one themselves.

I hope Nomake can get jdash working. This project really needs some better software that can run on windows. I don't know java but obviously I'll give whatever help I can with regard to the ECU.
Nomake, I have made SOME progress with the Jdash files. I really do hope we can get it working. It should be simple, I just dont have much time at the moment to read my new java programming book. If I can be of any help, let me know. You are truly becoming a legend on this site.

Phill. Thanks, all the converters sold so far, have been working as expected. I hope this will get more people involved. You have been my inspiration, so hats off to you as well Best wishes to your new little girl.
IT'S 5:00 SOMEWHERE!!!

92 Liquid Silver SVX LS-L