View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 11:02 AM
Retired

Send a message via AIM to Nomake Wan Send a message via MSN to Nomake Wan Send a message via Yahoo to Nomake Wan Send a message via Skype™ to Nomake Wan
Very interesting... I've got it all saved and stuff, and was going to try my hand at writing something for out car... but it turns out he's got a Subaru Select Monitor protocol written already, for both OBD1 and OBD2 cars. So I guess all people need is the cable. My observations on the cable for the Select Monitor (v2) are that it's DB-29 Serial-->OBDII-->OBDI to go to our (92-95) cars. Meaning that aside from a physical appearance difference (and therefore, a change in which pins perform which function), it would appear that there is no serious difference between OBDI and OBDII input for our cars.

Another interesting tidbit... the interface for that Java-based program looks suspisciously like the Windows interface the guy on VWRX uses. I have a feeling I know where that VWRX guy got his idea, hahaha.

But this looks quite promising! I'll have to dig deeper into the code and see what comes up. With any luck, this'll be our cross-platform program of choice!

I wonder if it supports writing to the ECU...?