View Single Post
Old 06-13-2006, 10:47 PM
Poor College Racer

Send a message via AIM to drivemusicnow
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVX10
Greg...what the heck are you talking about in that last post??

I'd be glad to help you out. Here's all the part numbers for the entire job. I don't think you can buy the lock washer separately. Don't you have your old one to reference for dimensions, or have you not taken it off yet? I just re-used my old ones.

Inner tie rod left - 34140PA010
Inner tie rod right - 34140PA000
Outer tie rod left - 34141PA000
Outer tie rod right - 34141PA010
Adjustment nut - 34136PA010

The lock washer MAY be part # 31260GA260, but it's hard to tell from the picture. It's only $2 at subaruparts.com, so maybe it's worth it to just get 2 in case. There's also a "repair kit" with seals and stuff for $49, part # 34128PA000...it might contain the washer. It's too hard to tell from the pic.

Any other questions just let me know.

I was talking about the lock washer and the adjustment nut. I found an adjustment nut at Ace hardware (nice metric section), and I fabricated a lock washer out of a thin SS washer using a dremel, a hammer and a punch. If i had realized that I was supposed to use a punch to flatten the lock washer before trying to remove the inner tie rods, they probably would have come out easier, and I probably could have re-used the originals.

When I called the subie dealership, they said you can only get the lockwasher in the "A" kit on the drawing which was like 60$.. I said eff it and went to Ace hardware.

97 Red SVX LSi clean
96 Black SVX LSi beater
90 Red Eclipse GSX track ho
99 Ford F250 work horse
My Locker