View Single Post
Old 04-03-2003, 11:41 AM
lightning_8669

Quote:
Originally posted by mohrds

I had only been with the car for less than a day and I trusted the shop to check the hoses. Had I had the car long enough to check it over, I would have noticed that.

BTW, I have changed the hoses on my first SVX twice already.

Doug
Doug,

Sorry to hear about the stranding of the spouse. I had the hose disconnected from the radiator on that car several times over the last couple of years and no problems. I know that after some time goes by they will deteriorate. I also know that they can crack or buckle when being re-installed. Some stress may have been imparted post inspection while they installed the new radiator. I had that happen to a heater hose on an old GL back in the 80's after I replace the water pump. Had to dig all the way back down to the pump to get to the disrespectful piece of hose sitting in a puddle of green goo. Thus on my next GL I was equipped with a full compliment of hose and clamps when it came time to replace the water pump.

I guess if I'd have kept the car another month it would have been my misfortune. Guess I lucked out. I'll have to find some other, more enjoyable, reason for you to leave work early at some point to make it up to you.