View Single Post
Old 04-03-2003, 08:49 AM
Fight Eminent Domain Abuse!

Send a message via AIM to mohrds Send a message via Yahoo to mohrds
Unhappy A tale of two SVXs

As many of you know, I had been replacing the engine in my SVX and I had also bought John's SVX. Well, I finished replacing the engine on Tuesday morning, and drove it to work. Meanwhile Amy had taken John's SVX to Michigan to visit her sister. I wasn't worried because it just came back from the shop and had its rear wheel bearings and radiator replaced and had a general inspection.

An hour later, I had to leave work and drive down to the south side of Chicago to rescue Amy after the original top radiator hose blew almost 2 gallons of coolant all over the Indiana Toll Road.

This is less than 12 hours after Mraz had replaced the radiator and "inspected" the hoses. I took my SVX in to Mraz today to get the outer CV boots replaced and I left the ruptured hose in a ziploc bag on the seat for Mraz to review their "inspection" procedures.

It was interesting taking my car after I had just finished installing the engine a few hours earlier all the way from Sheboygan through Chicago and into Indiana. It was certainly a white knuckled drive, but the new engine performed flawlessly in its 500 mile maiden voyage.

Mraz will inspect John's engine tomorrow for signs of permanent damage from the overheating but it seems to be running OK.

Doug
Black over Claret with 2.5" setback spoiler; 202,000 miles; Mods: B&M Cooler
1994 LSi (4/93)
Bordeaux Pearl; 198,000 miles; Mods: Weight reduction.

1969 Mustang GT Convertible
1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion
Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua.

My Locker