View Single Post
Old 02-22-2019, 12:46 PM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Trunk Fuel Resistor

I got a chance to work on the car today. I removed the cover in the trunk to access the top of the fuel tank. I disconnected the hoses (a real PIA) and unscrewed the fuel cap.

Peaking inside I was happy to see a clean looking tank. The fuel level was very low and the pump was not fully submerged but the filter was still in gasoline. It is a very tight fit to see anything. I then put everything back into place and while still in the rear of the car I attempted to start the engine. I tried to listen for anything from the fuel pump but nothing was heard. For those keeping track, this was attempted with the fuel module and resistor connected.

I am looking at replacement fuel pumps but nothing OEM is available. The highest rated alternative is from Walbro but it appears to require modification to fit. Here is the unit I am currently contemplating - LINK.