Thread: 4EAT failure?
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2012, 09:11 AM

Re: 4EAT failure?

Quote:
you dont really want to run with the FWD fuse in, its very hard on the front diff, and possibly the trans as well.
Ay caramba. I've been driving it that way of a VERY long time. Sounds like I just totally screwed things up through noobie ignorance.

Well I think it'll be too much work for a visiting brother-in-law to do lying on his back in my driveway and 300 miles away from his tools, etc., and too much out of pocket expense for me.

The car has a few other issues too (brake line thing being a critical one).

I think I've just come to the conclusion that I need to sell the car. Too bad because I have always love the SVX (again, I've wanted one since seeing the concept vehicle in a magazine).

One positive aspect of ownership (and this particular issue) for me has been that I've had to pull my XT6 out of retirement and it's nice to rediscover just how nice it is to drive. (If you know anyone looking for a "good little car" but they don't know much about how cars work, or if they're a moron like me, the XT6 is a great one to suggest.)

I think I'll just try to get whatever money I can out of the SVX and maybe buy another XT6. If I ever get to a point financially where I can afford to do a lot of work on one, I'd love to own another SVX someday.

It's a sad day with this (not quite final) decision.

'96 LSi, Laguna Blue (retired - soon going to a new home)
'89 XT6 5 speed (Gone but not forgotten)

Last edited by Austin; 03-10-2012 at 09:21 AM.