View Single Post
Old 02-04-2012, 02:50 PM
My Other car is a GENIUS Car!
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: My attempt at making some long-grain... thoughts?

Despite asking for popular opinion I decided to go with what I felt best in an unusual JDM-styled font way in finally finishing my custom engine cover for the SVX. Now... this was done strictly out of fun and obviously holds very, very little... ok, zero purpose. I can and will totally accept any and all "rice" comments you have to offer haha... but I hear it adds another 45HP under the hood (I **** you not!)

Aside from the obvious (45hp added of course, no less.. what else would I be talking about here) I thought it turned out rather well for a botched job. When Nate and I were at the junkyard many months ago and I jacked the engine cover that was missing the emblem... my mind started slipping away with what I felt to be somewhat a cool illuminated design. I'm pretty sure some car manufacturer does it or has done it but anyways. Lastly, all is not well. In fact (and go figure) the diffuser is a tad too thick and I will have to take out a few which will possibly yield **** lighting results if I want to actually make it fit in the engine bay. Little did I know how tight of an area I was playing with... oh well. Anyways, here's a few work-in-progress shots and the final product so to speak:

And, even a video link for funzies....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1ZidwKrMeE

Now if I could just get my ass to redesigning the gear selector area that I've been pondering for the pas two years... I'd be set.