View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 08:11 PM
Avalanche Alcyoneer
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Owner Retention??? HELP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgillms View Post
Hey, as most of you know my beautiful '92 was totaled as seen in the pictures. However, barring the engine and drivers side the car was in immaculate shape. Do you think it would be worth retaining the car and trying to part her out than letting her go to the crusher.

Again... the engine is basically toast, but she had a rebuilt transmission (no idea on the condition). The drivers door is toast, but the passenger doors windows were not even broken. Also, everything back from the door and most things all the way to the front on the passenger side are still in good shape along with 3 of the wheels.. the 4th is still a ? at this point. just judging interest and seeing what i may be able to get out of it.

p.s. if i retain the vehicle I will have almost a $1000 deficit to make up, whereas if i do not keep it i still will have a $500 dollar one with no means of making the money
Its doubtful you will make up your $1000 deficit on parting it out, probably not even $500. Unless of course, you are willing to wait any number of years until all of the parts are eventually needed. If you do try, I would dismantle everything you can get and put it all on ebay and here at the same time. Do the lights, tailbar, vanity and interior parts, MAF sensor, anything thats not too heavy or big to ship cheaply.

Crap you have the federal ECU, how much you want for it ?? Maybe if you dont keep the car you can sneak that out anyways

"A person convinced against their will, is of the same opinion still"

New?? Find the downloadable SVX Online Service Manual Here
RECOMMENDED READING for newer SVX owners Here some cool info if not fully accurate.