Thread: Jersey Tints
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2008, 07:52 AM
My car's Italian, right?

Send a message via AIM to Tim
Re: Jersey Tints

Quote:
Originally Posted by svx_commuter View Post
I have been thinking about doing the window tint on the fixed glass front and rear. That would really help with the sun. The only problem I have is with the part of the window I look thru to see the outside rear view mirrors. So I was thinking about stopping the tint a few inches from the bottom on the front glass.

Then of course there is that question? Would I get pulled over? Would I get a ticket for the tinting? Well the movable window is not tinted and can be seen thru. That should be enough. Does anybody know what the NJ law says about tint?

I was also considering just doing the movable glass. I think that would look better. It would also leave the fixed glass free. It would also accent the movable windows and split window design. The fix glass would be open and that should help avoid tickets.

I also know that if I got pulled over I would have the window open before the officer got to my car and my hands would be on the wheel in plain sight. Oh yeah engine off and enterior lights on at night. Well you know the officers carry guns!
I thought about doing just the fixed glass in front, but then after doing a few photoshop mockups I realized it would looked really odd and mismatched. Then I just decided against it, because I have a hard time seeing out of the back window at night as it is.
2012 Camry V6 SE