View Single Post
Old 06-20-2008, 04:40 PM

Re: Please help-TCU code 22

(Sigh)

I went and disconnected and reconnected all of the relevant connections from the TCU and ECU and successfully stopped "code 22 Atmospheric sensor". I then got "code 25 Engine torque control signal". After a 1/2 hour of more unplugging, it has gone away as well. Unfortunately this has not remedied the original symptom that had me pulling codes.

When I leave my house the transmission will shift normally. After the first or second time of coming to a complete stop, the transmission will engage but the engine will only rev up to 2800rpm regardless if I am at 15% throttle or 100%. It will also stay in the same gear all the way up to 80mph when I run out of road, never shifting up or down. It will even do this if it's in manual mode and the shifter is in first gear.

The funny thing is if i get all green lights and don't come to a complete stop it will drive normal. I have tested this driving as far as 20 miles (the longest distance you can drive on Oahu without ever stopping). When I do stop I can, pull over, restart the car and it will start the process all over again.

One other thing I should mention is that I have no Existing codes but I do have a stored "code 12 Duty solenoid B" in my previous TCU codes. I have also pulled and checked the TPS and the resistor behind the battery and both are working and well withing operational range, (thanks for the how to write-ups on those bye the way). My miles per gallon went from 22 to about 13 after I started having this problem.

I greatly appreciate all the help I have received so far and would graciously accept any more help that is available.

Thanks,
Paul

Last edited by hawaii-svx; 06-20-2008 at 08:42 PM.