View Single Post
Old 12-03-2006, 02:39 PM
Old Guy

Maybe its a misprint but I'm a bit confused. Given the static parameters of the car described and the only variable being mileage, wouldn't the mileage adjustment be linear throughout the scale (options)? I notice a "skip" in the adjustment shown for mileage and this shouldn't happen. I also notice that an ULTRA low mileage offers no premium over a simply low mileage car, that there is no mileage premium difference until you arrive at 65K miles. Maybe this scale applies to general resale/used cars, but certain cars, such as the SVX, seem to defy being categorized. I would bet that Nissan 300ZX and Toyota Supra are two others that don't fit neatly into pricing categories. As the supply of truly pristine SVXs diminish these examples will bring a higher and higher premium. Over time we will see pricing for these cars take on a two-tiered level, high priced cars and low priced cars with few between (average). We may be seeing that now and it will be more pronounced as time goes on. One more thing, there will be an added segment - modified street racer types that bring prices in keeping with their performance, a sort of cult following. My opinion.
Preston