View Single Post
Old 09-30-2005, 07:34 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by b3lha
We know exactly how you feel Joe. Recently sold our beloved Justy which was Belha's first car and we kept for 9 years.

Time to concentrate your efforts on Black Betty. How is she coming along?
Phil,

See my reply to Earl. She is coming good. I have replaced and repaired many small things that needed fixing. And big things of course. The new engine is in and feels very strong. When I have the gearbox repaired, I have to bring the vehicle for assessment of VRT. This is a Shylock tax our government skims off every car brought into the country. I am holding back on doing the bodywork and cosmetic things until the car is assessed. It would be unwise of me to present the car in a pristine state. They would assess it on its good condition, and not allow me all the money I have spent in bringing it from a breaker condition to current roadworthy status.

Sorry to hear about the Justy, I know the feeling.

Hey, when I get rid of the estates, I am thinking a small black Skyline R32 GTR would be a good thing to adjust my Life-Work balance.... And would not clutter up the house too much.

I may have to use my "Ann, I was thinking of buying a Nissan Skyline or a motorbike, what do you think??" routine again....

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl