View Single Post
Old 04-18-2005, 06:26 AM
The Molinator

Oh Beav!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beav
There is no reason for 'compensating' just for the springs being different. Strut suspension pretty much travels straight up and down. Once the springs/struts were installed I trust you had the alignment checked? You still haven't said what type of wear you have.

Also, please stick to one thread. There's no reason to spread this over multiple threads.
SORRY!!! (sorry for the caps too!) ....I AM dramatic!

Beav, I stated the wear was severe ....and on the inside edges of the rear tires ONLY! Down to the fabric on both....and steel on one of them [after 13,000 total miles]. I don't have the tires now to give a detailed analysis of the type of specific inside edge wear, but the rest of the tire appeared normal ....to the uneducated casual observer. YES, I said the alignment was checked and adjusted (except rear camber of course) by very reputable brake/tire service shop in my area. THANKS for your continued help!

P.S. I re-entered the question, when I received no quick response! I thought there was a delayed response to my first query, but i see the dates indicate otherwise???...sorry!

P.P.S. So....You don't agree with Mobtslszco(?) that the settings should be camber -0.6 and toe 0 degrees?
2013 Veloster Red - Driver Now??Dropsprings [1/2" rear, 1" front] with Koni Strut Inserts> Magnaflow Exhaust System> ECUTune Stage 1av1 Upgrade (from 1v4)> ECUTune TCU MOD> Aluminum Crankshaft Pulley> Stainless Brake Lines> Phenolic Spacers> Perforated Brake Rotors (dint like, OEM now)> SmallCar Shift Kit (resting since TCU MOD)> 7-Position Ground System> High-Pressure Fuel Pressure Regulator (resting)> ATF Cooler & Campaign Filter> Yellow Polish Polyurethane Bushings> Pioneer Double-DIN Stereo with JL AUDIO Speakers> Driveshaft Rebuilt with C-Clip U-Joints> 15 Min MOD> 20 Min MOD .. . (2011)
Valentine One Radar Detector with Remote Display - ucan'tseeme!

Last edited by James Scott; 04-18-2005 at 06:53 AM.