Thread: re: svx
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2003, 02:36 AM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

re: svx

so what happens when you rent a buick, travel 2800 miles, through 6 states in 2 days (includes leaving home and coming back home for the start and end of the trip) by a dishonest ebay seller?

a nice 34k miles 1992 claret svx that's near perfect.

thanks to mike at kerven subaru for his help in getting this all setup. i almost lost this svx to a nice lady who arrived 15 minutes after i did ready to buy .

feels good to be back in such a great car.

also for the ebay buyers, there is an 1996 black svx with 151k miles in richmond, virginia that's for sale. under the description and pictures on ebay, it states that the car is near perfect blah, blah, blah. i won the auction (this was what inspired the 'road'trip) and went to conclude the deal. fortunately the car was in bad shape which made me walk away from the deal (glad i didn't have to put money down on the car or i would have gone to jail for beating someone). that svx was fairly trashed inside, had some damage to the front of the vehicle (i.e. grill was broken, bumper, and some of the plastic housing near the engine was cracked.), a warped looking tranny cooler, obvious oil leaks, stench of gasoline when opening the hood, and fully rusted rotors from probably just sitting there, mismatched tires, non consistant gaps from where the trunk meets the body, drilled holes on roof to put a 'wind' guard for the sunroof, and a quarter sized hole in the nasty leather on the driver side seat.

a lot of inconsistencies with what the seller told me on the phone and in person. what gets me is that if someone was driving up 8.5 hours to pickup the car, i would be punctual and meet at the time agreed, not 1 hour late and probably would not have kept the appointment if i didn't call a few times after i arrived in their subdivision in richmond at 8:45am (meeting time was 9:00am). i also would not have advertised that this 'immaculate' car if it wasn't in hopes to swindle someone into buying it and waste their time 8.5 hours per trip and spending $150 a day on a rental car from hertz for out of state drop off access knowing all the problems with the car. guy's father eventually came out and was like 'i can't believe it's still here.' and when confronted with all the problems that they conviently 'didn't know' existed and that the car wasn't worth the money, he stated 'kelly blue book says the car's worth $7k. if i'm not mistaken kelly doesn't value any car that's in extremely poor shape. apparently the 'gas' smell from the engine was from the engine degreaser that they used to try to remove the oil leak residue. the grill was screwed back into place with dry wall screws destroying the holes that were supposed to hold it in. i touched the grill and it fell off. i mean they tried to make it look like nothing was wrong with it, but you would have to be blind to not see any of the problems.

i have the vin in my car, and if someone needs to check, i'll get it and post it so they won't get stuck with a bad (in my opinion) car. i mean one man's garbage, is another man's gold. so others may think it's a good car.