View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 02:16 PM
The Kind of Casual SVXer

Send a message via AIM to Weebitob
Registered SVX
Re: Blizzard Nemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarrb View Post
I think that's a Weather Channel thing. Adds drama! Intensity!

The next one is Winter Storm Orko. Yes, really. Listen to us! This is serious! Prep now!

Watched a sedan tumble over an embankment last weekend after it entered a curve way, way too fast for conditions: A dusting of snow. (The occupants emerged without serious injury.) At least you folks in the northeast know how to drive in the stuff.

dcb
Well I admit while driving during that storm I must have hit a patch of black ice along an otherwise snow coated but striaght back road and spun out. Driving in this with all season tires didn't help. About 20 minutes after my powersteering belt (which I swore was installed about 2 years ago) decided to turn into spaghetti. There's always a price for driving in bad weather whether you initally seeing it immediately or not.

I got about 6 inches on average around here. Luckily most of it was powder so it wasn't so difficult to shovel. I'm worried about the mixed forecast for Wednesday if the temperature goes down low enough. Saturday for NJ seems to be a shower, CT always gets it a lot worse.

Last edited by Weebitob; 02-11-2013 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Important facts I missed.