View Single Post
Old 10-31-2002, 07:32 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
Wink Re: WHATEVER

Quote:
Originally posted by overdalimit
MAN.......I saw the same ad and I was thinking...HELL! he must mean a damn Corvette. I have a 95 SVX and the damn thing ain't near that fast as he said it is.....Let's face it in 1992 upon the introduction of the SVX 230HP was considered overkill. Hell, a Mustang GT only had 225Hp but now.......Man Cadillacs are coming with 300HP. and a hell of a lot more torque. I love my SVX but lets face it...It ain't fast enough..PERIOD! I own a turbocharged 89 Probe GT that'll give it hell!

No permanent offense intended, but I keep wondering why so many of the under 30 crowd seem to moan because they can't water ski behind a sailboat? Time marches on - I'm sure tomorrow's Corolla will get 220+ HP & get to 60 in under 6 seconds & give them pesky Neons fits. Yada-yada.
If 145 mph ain't fast enough, take a plane. I know, a lot of you guys only rate a car by what it can do in a straight line. Fine. Go sink your bucks in those cars that seems ideal for this test & have at it. I'll cheer you on at the dragstrip - but NOT in front of my house.
The SVX was designed to be an understated cruiser. Quiet, comfortable & unbeatable in adverse weather. Let's try to do a curvy blacktop at 80mph with steady rain in a Geo LSI or Camero.
Let's try to squeeze an SVX in a 12 foot city parking space. Give me the Geo!

Thanks for allowing today's rant - Ron.

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.

Last edited by Ron Mummert; 10-31-2002 at 09:03 PM.