View Single Post
Old 12-02-2003, 08:22 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
For those of you who may be wondering, the two gentlemen with the sign are members of the original SVX design team and worked with the teams who assembled SVXes in the Gunma plant. The man holding the sign was on the engine team and the other was on the body team.

Mr. Nagano (President of Subaru of Indiana Automotive, Inc -- see their website:http://www.subaru-isuzu.com/), personally sought any SVX people at the SIA plant to visit with us during the great Luncheon and tour they provided us at the 10th Anniversary meet. Mr. Nagano even attended our Club Dinner -- he drove a new Baja (which hadn't been released to the public, yet) for us to peruse. I, personally, was very impressed with Mr. Nagano and his willingness to be a part of our SVX "lunacy."

For those who don't know, SIA, when contacted for their participation in the event, had initially said, "Nice to know you guys are getting together, but, we don't want to participate." When Mr. Nagano, personally, caught wind of the event, it was a new story. He got in touch with his people and said, "You WILL participate, and in a BIG way!" How cool is that! Not to mention, Mr. Nagano's personal translator (he spoke little English), was an SVX owner.

Wow, sorry folks, I'm having a great flood of memory flashbacks! Especially the "Tranny Busted?" billboard across from the entrance to the SIA plant. Dang, that was a good time! I'm going to have to have the smile surgically removed from my face . . . . . . again!
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI