View Single Post
Old 02-20-2008, 03:28 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Octanerush View Post
last night i took off the cam cover and checked things out... everything seems like it's doing what it's sposed to. cam sprocket isn't touching the sensor and isn't too close to it... i changed the sensor again and carefully looked at it...

it seems the top of the sensor (plastic part) is loose from the metal part. and came up with a theory that the battery sliding around banged up the sensor. because this whole thing started with broken connectors on the cam sensor. so i strapped the battery down..

knock on wood... everything is working now.. so we'll see how long till the next problem shows up...

the odd part of all this is that before the cam connector was broken.. the fuel injector connectors got smashed up somehow.. can't quite figure out how that happened...when i swapped the engine i made sure none of the connectors were broken....maybe someone from above is messing with me

LoL
You should not be LOL.

Poorly mounted batteries are one of the most common causes of engine compartment fires. A directly and solidly short circuited battery is a fearsome thing.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!