Old 09-02-2009, 06:01 PM
Still Cant' Say the Z-Word

Send a message via AIM to LetItSnow
Registered SVX
Re: Cash for clunkers...the final installment perhaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxerFanatic View Post
[A bunch of valid points.]
Well, yes, but don't hop on the defensive so quickly. You're putting words in my mouth.

Every story has two sides, and obviously there are people who see each side.

A person who's trying to unload their SVX who can grab $4500 in a clunk rather than continually dropping their price (and NOT every SVX owner is on this forum!) could be considering the difference between a $1000 desperation sale and $4500 in his wallet. That's a difference of $3500, and to pitch that aside is not financially sane unless you light your cigars with C-notes.

The car in the video surely didn't seem in clunkable form, but if the engine and trans are on their last legs (and you should hear my engine today - see my thread) then maybe it was?

I don't want to see an SVX parted or clunked any more than you do, nor anyone else here. The bottom line is, people will have their own reasons for what they do, and if you could pick your evils, you're more than likely choosing between watching people part or clunk SVXi that they can't sell without losing a fistful of change in the process of getting rid of them.

I think CfC is crap as well, and I've had plenty of debates about it with people outside of this forum. I'm prepared to see the sales slump that will follow, offering CfC to be a whoop-dee-doo parade of the moment.

All I was saying is, with all the downplay we have had on parting out, clunking seems like the worse of the evils.