View Single Post
Old 01-30-2007, 09:51 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by svxistentialist
We had the same laws here once Trevor. They were enforced to such an extent that rear reflectorised number plates in Ireland had to have red reflection material. It was considered that the white material reflected enough light to qualify as a "white light" to the rear.

Nowadays they are standardised to Euro regulations, and are white front and rear.

Joe
We also have reflector plates but the authorities are sensible enough to recognise the difference between a light and a reflector. In point of fact fog is very seldom a problem which we encounter.

The different ways sane people, in various countries can come up with odd regulations is interesting and must cost consumers a lot of money. Many regulations involving electrical issues are stupid. However differences in respect of covering climate are a more logical requirement.

We will be told off for wasting a valuable facility. So have left out the pleasantries.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!