View Single Post
Old 01-29-2006, 02:11 PM
crimsonnblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by intelisevil
If you hear the "knock, knock sound" only on acceleration, I would think it's 'detonation' caused by poor fuel, bad timing, bad knock sensor, etc.

If you hear it at all engine speeds and it varies according to engine speed, I would agree it's a lifter noise.

My Teal is quiet when I first start the engine on a cold morning, (when the oil is nice and thick). When the engine warms up and the oil thins the ticking starts. Nice slow melody at idle, rising to a crescendo as I accelerate.
It happens when going relatively slow(10-15 mph) and yes I get the same sorta noise with what you described in the morning with light ticking.

So I guess guess Ill check the belt, and try to figure out where the whistling noise is coming from. Also I whisling noise is consistent with my rpm speed. For example when Its at 2500 it is really high pitched and when its lower it is less high pitched. And when I idle sometimes you can hear it but not usually. I think it may be a vacuum leak, but when this winter started I had that checked I guess Ill mention it to my mechanic again. This winter Ive had some idleing, stalling issues.

Thanx for you help guys, let me know if you have anymore suggestions. Oh and Ive always premius gasoline, and for another note, I use synthetic oil...