View Single Post
Old 12-18-2005, 11:19 AM
Mr Soob

You see, I've had it through Penrith Subaru a few times, and as I said they've pulled it apart a zillion times... I'd have thought they'd have picked this up.

It's definitely a 'road bump' rattle, but strangely when I'm off the power it seems more prevalent, which made me think it may be the exhaust itself tapping against something. Definitely not associated with engine, wheel or gear speed.

I've gone over it with them umpteen times, but I suspect they are checking the wrong things. They did manage to catch out that there was a missing bolt in an exhaust hanger the first time around (which I thought would fix it for sure!), but no luck.

I'd normally do these things myself, but after adding up the time needed to work, travel, sleep and the various activites required to survive, I am coming up with a deficit of around 10 hours per week. Leaves me a tough schedule to fit in 'us time'.

===========

I also have a buzzing through the exhaust at 1,900 -> 2,100rpm and ~4,000rpm, which I'm reasonably sure is the cat blown out (212,000km) or if not; it's potentially a loose exhaust baffle. I only say this because it drives me nuts as well, seeing as it mostly cruises (at just about any damn speed except freeway) at 2krpm. The drone is making me go batty! I'll fix it soon; just gotta find which cat it is, and what replacement I can use.
'93 SVX Black on Burgundy > Completely stock, under preservation, treated like a princess. (55,000km, 1 previous owner) Not For Sale
'92 SVX Black on Burgundy > Completely stock, under preservation, treated like a princess. (144,000km, 2 previous owners) Not For Sale
Wife, Red Hot when riled > Treated like a princess. Minister For Finance, Domestic Affairs and Diplomatic Relations. Definitely Not For Sale
My Wanted List: http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...178#post632178