View Single Post
Old 07-27-2004, 10:19 AM

quote - unquote

Quote:
Subject: Thank you for attending JAE this year!
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 15:38:54 +0100

Thank you for attending JAE this year.

JAE is a unique event. The whole weekend is run for the benefit of the clubs and it is you who make it the success it is by coming back year after year and really entering into the spirit of what makes us all Japanese car enthusiasts. The camaraderie between the clubs is exceptional and the friendships formed at JAE often last for a long time. For those of you that have been coming for years you will have seen it grow and develop and, we hope, have seen it retain it's friendly atmosphere. For those of you new to JAE I hope you will now make sure it is top of your list of "must do" events.

The planning for 2005 is already under way. For 2004 The Organisation Ltd had a little over four months to put the event together. We know we made a lot of mistakes and we know some of the things we have tried to do were not completely successful. for that you have our apologies. For 2005 we now have a full year to plan and we will look at every element of this year to make sure 2005 is an event better event. For that we need your feedback. In addition to the questionnaires we hope you will ask your members for their input and let us know their thoughts. Tell us what you liked and tell us what we need to work on. We want JAE to be your event run the way you want it and providing the kind of things you would like.

We have already recognised some key areas for next year that have to be addressed. Lack of space is clearly one area. Despite some concerns by people before the event the space allocated was ample. however, the sheer number of cars now makes good camping space hard to find. We have already agreed with Billing Aquadrome to expand the number of fields given over to JAE for 2005. This is good news already! Secondly, we have to work out how better to manage the traffic. Aside from cars being misdirected and queues forming at the entrance, we realise that the use of a single exit is not sufficient. However, this was due to an accident on the A45 & nothing to do with event, so there is little we can do but we have already agreed to look at this with Billing Aquadrome and will be working through how to make this better for next year. So you can tell your members the queues for 2005 will be much shorter and the constant search for your club stand will be solved - well for most of us anyway! Other areas we will address include the traders, for this we need your feedback. We will be focusing on what entertainment we can provide for 2005 - if you didn't see the band you really missed something - they really were excellent! Finally, we will be looking at the whole security arrangements for 2005 and are already looking to make it a closed event so we can reduce the number of outside visitors who are not really there for the show.

JAE 2005 is already confirmed for 22nd - 24th July, so please put it in your diary now.

On a personal note I would like to thank everyone for making my time at JAE really enjoyable. It is hard work running an event like this but the reception I received from every car club wherever I went really made my weekend so much more enjoyable. Running JAE is more than just running an event for me. I am passionate about Japanese cars (especially my own!) and I hope this shows through in everything we at The Organisation do. Just a quick reminder about the questionnaires, it is imperative that I have your feedback, so that JAE 2005 can be better. If you didn't receive one please let me know either via the JAE forum, or this email address.

Thank you for making JAE 2004 a success. I very much look forward to seeing you in 2005, or better still at another event long before then.

Very best regards

Claire Williams
The Organisation
Mobile: 07798 600420
Work: 08700 109705
www.the-organisation.org