Thread: Racing seat???
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2005, 07:13 PM
Superbeast

Quote:
Originally posted by gsodonis

Subafreak,
By chance, do you know from what car the brackets came (when you bought the seats). Am I right in assuming they were for an Imprezza?. How much modification did the brackets take to fit into the SVX?

I have a set of gray cloth 2002 Lexus IS300 seats (manual operation - really light weight) that I had previously installed in my past car (Honda Accord) and they have much more agressive bolstering than the SVX's. The charcoal color blends well with the SVX dark gray too. If a WRX (Imprezza)seat bracket makes a good starting point for SVX bracket, I'll order a set on eBay right now.

Yeah the brackets are for a WRX, altho I'm not sure how well they bolt right into thoes cars. I'll have to ask the kid I bought them from about how they mounted in the WRX. The brackets are actually about 1/8th" to narrow and about 3 to 4 inches to short to reach the SVX seat rails. I don't have them mounted yet, there is only one bolt holding the seat in there right now. I will have to look and see if they make different sized brackets for the seats and if not then I take some pics of what I have to do to make them fit.
92 SVX #772 140k 6speed, ECU Tune stage II, Koni/Ground control, 3,270lbs.
91 Legacy Turbo 5spd. FMIC, crappy stock turbo, ACT clutch.
78 BRAT (New toy) (Soon to be EJ22T powered)
90 240 SX. RB25 powered!! DRIFT!!!111!!! (GF's car)

To many cars to spend time on teh web!