View Single Post
Old 01-04-2004, 12:48 PM

Send a message via AIM to Bizarre Send a message via Yahoo to Bizarre Send a message via Skype™ to Bizarre
SVX Alternator. Help me!

Hello there,

Help me if you can. Battery died last week, but I knew it was the alternator since the battery is about 1 month old.
Got new Bosch ALT from mom & pop shop after Pep Boys and Autozone told me 7 day backorders.

Put on the Bosch ALT, which worked for about 5 minutes, then I got the 5 Christmas lights: ALT, BAT, BRAKE, ABS, ETC.
Took it to Pep Boys and Autozone for testing and they told me it was most likely bad out of the box. Now I am waiting on a new one.

I hope I did not somehow fry this new one, but I do not see how that is possible. PS pulley is noisy, but turns easily. No ALT killer there. Only two connections so no chance of screw-up there.
Grounding wires are not corroded too badly. No aftermarket electronics either. Scary. Only thing I can think of is the battery was not charged enough during the jump start and that somehow overstressed Mr. Bosch Alternator. Any ideas?

When I get my new ALT I will test it at PB and AZ first; then I will know if I am the ALT killer.

If anyone has had a similar experience please let me know.
Biz