View Single Post
Old 01-15-2007, 08:06 PM
A flight-less flyer

Send a message via Yahoo to floatingkiwi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor
All I can say is that I am very fussy and have not needed to do any real work on mine.

I do not understand this, "All 4 of your discs should be ventilated though being a Jap import?" suggestion. Mine most certainly are not, and there has previously been no suggestions here along these lines.

Why do you consider your brakes as inferior? Even scoring on a circumference is of no consequence. Only radial out of true, even only slight, is a problem. I am sure of this, as a result of racing experience.

I hope we may meet up some time.
I'm a real fussy bugg*r as well, and unfortunately the exterior of the car especially was not well looked after by the previous owner(s) - hence my little tidy-ups every now and then. To be honest though, the car certainly looks like a bit more than 100000 km!

As regarding brakes, my mothers car with more KM's has always braked better than mine. I have bleed many times with good fluid, however I haven't changed the pads yet which I suspect is probably the issue. I actually bought these rotors from the states when I was overseas and before my mother had written hers off, so in hindsight, probably not a good move.

We certainly never seem to have the rotor problems that a few of the US guys have, so that's nice. I was just after something that would perform a bit better - a pity that I wasn't aware of the rear rotor difference.

Yes, I was talking about radially vented discs - sorry for the confusion.

If I come to Auckland I'll give you a bell beforehand. Always nice to see other svx's and people who care about them!

Darren: Are you sure that the Rear discs from STI v5-6 are a direct bolt-on? I thought that wasn't the case.

Matt

Just Crusin'