View Single Post
Old 10-05-2005, 11:22 PM
Which manual is "that" in??

Some will not agree, but I'm saying it works through experience. Replace the stock wiring to the starter with new stock wiring or one gauge better. That's it... It works.

No relays, no fancy alternator configs, no direct runs bypassing an electrical system designed by Electrical Engineers sporting fancy degrees and 4 years of advanced math classes.

The wiring is old, and positioned in a car with excessive transmission heat. It gets brittle and cannot carry the current it could when the wiring was a couple of years old. And it's amazing how we all think it's ok to replace a temp sensor with like kind without a second thought, but wouldn't dream of replacing sections in our harnesses without an elaborate rework of the entire electrical system.

And it's really not that hard to do, if you use the old wiring as your "pull line" for the new wiring. Unwrapping can be time consuming though.

Now I'll grit my teeth and prepare for the attack from the back yard engineers.

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)