View Single Post
Old 07-09-2001, 08:25 AM
Dumba$$ Mechanic

Re: Idiot, lite

Quote:
Originally posted by svxistentialist
Yes Eddy

I know where you are coming from with this. My brother works as Workshop Manager for a major Renault dealership, and I have heard numerous stories of people, usually women, but not exclusively, coming in to have funny smells investigated after several days of a red light. "Oh, is that what that is for??"

Not only women Joe. How about the guy that came in with a knock in his engine, no oil on the dipstick. Pull the drain plug, (found no leaks whatsoever), and a small amout of sludge dribbles out. Pull the pan, oil so thick it was like gelatin. Ask the customer when was the last time you changed your oil? He replies "Nobody told me I had to change the oil!"

Or the fella from the south that got stationed at the base in Montana. Seems he was concerned about winterizing his car. His buddies convinced him to drain his coolant and put in some water from giant springs, "because that water never freezes all winter long." First cold snap that winter his block cracked.

Fotunately for both of these idiots, they were still under warranty and the manufacturer took care of the problem, even though they were clear cases of owner toopidity.