Thread: Turbo SVX
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 10:18 PM

Re: Turbo SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackWoodsBob View Post
What the hell. How do electrical ignition parts have a pressure value...am I missing something here lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by svxfiles View Post
Could be.
I'm running a way too big true dual (at 2.5" each) untill a single 3" after the rear end.
Could also be due to running E85, adds 30% more fuel and burns faster than octane and is harder to light (burn rate as proven by about 50 SAE studies, EPA etc) - you do certainly find more misses with E85 than normal fuel.

We also find that the richer you go the more likely you are to have a miss due to spark and we run mine rather rich as it's stock pistons. The leaner you go the engine just stumbles as there isn't enough fuel to turn it over etc.

With the coils - I simply removed the original rubber boot, inserted the original spring (which falls out when you removed the rubber boot), add any $5 lead from auto shop and cable tie the lead on with spring connecting the lead to the screw in top of coil. I haven't really liked this method and always wanted to improve it but it never let me down so I've never got around to making it better.