View Single Post
Old 04-09-2008, 08:25 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryIII View Post
Laugh all you want. I made my money. The M-car is put on the back burner by the corporate guys, just like all of the other promising technologies. Right now, they see plug in hybrids as their money maker for the next couple of decades.
It really ticks me off that US business men have their collective heads up their collective butts. In the 1800's and thru the 1960's we were the technological leaders of the world. Now we are the followers. Soon we will be a second rate country owing big money to Europe & Asia.
We had better get off our duffs and start revving up our technological engines or we will be passed byand the USA will become an 'also ran nation.'
As an example, I am currently working on another DuPont project. That was once a company that lead the world in its technology and I admired it greatly. They used to reinvest a fair share their profits in research to stay ahead of everyone else. Now all they worry about is their next quarterly earnings, and fund very little research.

Sorry for the rant, it's just one of my pet peeves.
Hello Larry

I have not seen you round for a while, or maybe we are in different orbits or something.

I'm not laughing. I see the marriage and interaction of various optimised technologies as the way forward.

In that respect, the current corporate fondness for hybrid vehicles is a good thing in my eyes, because it manages to recover the "lost" energy of retardation.

There are those who decry hybrid vehicles because of the cost of development, but this is to ignore the cost benefit ratio of making and improving millions for the market, they become cheaper in time.

The computers we are using to write these posts on, they probably cost around $1000 or less. This same capability and functionality we take for granted for $1000, to get that back in the 60s as they prepared for the moon landing would probably have cost a million. Maybe more.

It would have been difficult to explain the concept of a commercial passenger plane to the people watching the Wrights Brothers' machine struggle to leave the ground back in Kitty Hawk. But in time it was developed and refined and it happened.

I'd like to think Larry that the time and intellect your team expended bringing this forward will be used again, and you project sees the light of day at some stage.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl