View Single Post
Old 05-12-2004, 05:52 PM

The DREAM-CAR :)

My first Subie, back in -86 I decided that 4WD , TURBO, LIGHTWEIGHT was the the way to go in streetrac.... sorry... eeehh.... racing .

So I started to look for a candidate ...... I found no candidates .... ;( ... until a Sunday morning, visiting a dealer's garage ...wow open! , on a Sunday, ... wonder if anyone is around?

THEN it stood there....THE car... a Blue XT4- turbo with white skirts ....IT'S MINE a shouted...

136HP quickly became 250 ... many mods there were ...

In a year or two, the limit on the engine was reached race heads, 3½" downpipe to 2½" free flow exhaust, race cams, dual! intercooler systems (one air/air and one water/air) because the water/air "chargecooler" was neat to have in low speeds and standing starts , Hi pressure water/alchohol injection (50/50), Boost contoller with "assault" mode (1.6bars!) lowered with modified and harder struts and so on ....

Never got owned in the cit... races I mean

Well, like I said, the engine was at its limit, so I read everything about the "new" prototype XT with a 3.0L turbo 6 (a newspaper claimed), and I was doomed !!!!!

Spent the rest of that year hunting that ghost 6 ....

Then, in -92 I was on a car show in a nearby town .....the first thing a saw was this...this....this....ABSOLUTELY AWESOME CAR....
what WAS it .....a SUBARU !!!!! .... SVX .... with a FLAT-6 !!!! I was totally stunned .... I WANT IT !! ... but the price tag said otherwise, 370k SEK .... more than a good Porsche ... !
... and the time went by for some 10 years 3 kids more and 7 other Subarus ...

-My first week at my new work (some 250miles from home!)
my Legacy broke down, with only 330k Km on it....damn!
Had to borrow my wifes Trendy...almost killed it, running flat out for 4 hours to work .... visited a Subaru dealer on a lunch... looked for a reasonable cheap car .... wow, my workmate said and stood there waveing in a corner ....what is this? he said, I loomed over ... and THERE SHE WHERE ....... A SVX !!! -92 ebony black !!! I could not believe my eyes, the first and only used SVX i've seen, and the second in total.....!!!!! , only one owner, a 77 year old lady ! and only 120k km on it, it looked like BRAND NEW!
not a scratch or anything ..

Like in a blur I walked against her .... looked like a fool I guess...
-IT IS MINE!! .... you hear ... MINE!

and that was almost a year ago .....and I JUST LOVE HER

...well, long story ...

/Sonny

-92 ebony black with 170k KM

*** -Stress is when you wake up screaming & you realize you haven't fallen asleep yet. ***