Thread: 2 Questions
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2006, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedklix
For you DWD it might not be worth it. Your gonna end up paying over $500 most likely and you need to be mech/tech inclined enough to pull out the ECU and replace a chip. You also need to splice a nissan MAF connector into the MAF wiring harness.

I'm not trying to discourage you, but for someone who isn't interested in performance gains, it just seems like alot of dough to replace a bad maf. Now I don't know this from personal experience, but I have read that the maf type is the last three numbers at the top on back of the MAF. I think they're R62. You should be able to find one in a newer subaru in a salvage yard for a fraction of the price. I may be wrong, so hopefully someone will affirm or correct this.
My MAF isnt bad, and I wasnt considering doing this, I just was curious. But I have pulled the ECU before to crush the sound sensor bead (turned out I didnt have it at all) But in the future I am planning some of the ECU tune chips, and I dont see that it would be terribly hard to install one myself, and splice in a Z32 MAF.