View Single Post
Old 10-05-2004, 09:33 AM
Subaru Swapper

Send a message via AIM to AFBeefcake
3) Warped rotors
When my rotors warped I when to KVR cross drilled rolors and KVR carbon fiber pads. That was over two years ago and no warping since.

4) Valve cover leak
Dealer charged me about $400.00 to do both sides.
If the valve covers are only weeping a little I would just leave it alone. 6 months after the dealer fix mine they started weeping again.

5) Engine
The engine is great only thing I know that goes on the motor some times is the temp sensor, Valve cover and cam seal leaks.

The temp sensor went on my car, but its only a $25.00 part at a dealer and takes less then 2 minites to change out.

6) Tuneup issues
When I did my plugs it took me about 2 hours, but I took my time. It was my first time working on an svx.

I had to remove the air box, and the battery to change the plugs.

There isn't a CAM in the way per say. Its more of the plugs are inbetween the two cams on each side. about 2" in from the valve cover, and the coils are on top of the plugs. so if you change your own plugs be carefull not to brake the coils.

Also the pcv valve is a pain to change. Its under the intake manifold.

I would say your best bet would be to take the car to a dealer that knows whan an svx is and have them look at it. I did when I was buying my car. It cost about $60.00, but I got a list of things that needed to be fix and a quote on how much to fix it. Then I used it to get the price of the car down.