View Single Post
Old 06-30-2004, 04:49 PM
5 speeds rock! :D

My vote for the Darwin Award

A friend shared this with me. Supposedly it is a true story. It certainly has made it through the grapevine, so the details may be a bit sketchy.

Apparantly a couple of friends decided to go ice fishing. One had a brand new Suburban- less than 1 week old. They decided to take it on it's maiden fishing voyage.

They drove the Suburban out on to the lake. The ice was plenty thick enough to support it so- no problem. Their next big challenge was cutting a hole in the extremely thick ice. One of them produced a stick of dynamite, as a time saver, of course.

They lit the dynamite and tossed it a safe distance. Unfortunately, their trusty hound dog assumed it was time to play fetch. The dog chased downed the stick of dynamite, retrieved it, and dutifully started returning to it's master (since he was, of course, man's best friend!). Realizing that they could not discourage the dog from returning with it's treasure, one of the friends grabbed a shotgun from the back of the Suburban and shot the dog.

Unfortunately, he was a crappy shot, and the dog was only wounded. It turned for cover from the shotgun to the only place that offered any protection. When the blast occured, it was cowering under the Suburban. I doubt Fido actually ever felt the impact of the Suburban landing on top of him on the bottom of the lake. The fishing buddies were not hurt, but the value of their fishing trip was pretty questionable. I think it was a pretty long cold walk home that night. (Hi honey, I don't think the CD player is working on the new car! !)

The owner of the Suburban later tried to file a claim with his insurance company. They didn't seem to like the idea that he blew up his brand new Suburban before even making the first payment. They refused the claim. So Bubba gets 60 more payments on a car he never even got to enjoy!

Unless you count the fireworks exhibit!!

'92 LS-L Claret: '01 RS 4:11 5-speed, Exedy organic, lightened flywheel, and Koni/ GC