Thread: Fine-uh-lee!
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2001, 07:19 PM
Ain't it the truth?

Send a message via Yahoo to SVXphile
Sardine can key

< They're the tiny little (about an inch and change) "can opener" thingies.>

So THAT is what you call those! They came in the boxes, but it took forever to get anything open with them....you could starve trying to make them work. We had a different name for them....can't recall it at the moment, but I think is consisted of four letters.

It has been raining all day, but that didn't stop us making a run to Green Banks to see Ilya and meet his mother. My heavens, the lady has a Ph.D. in molecular biology! and Ilya is working on his Ph.D. in Physics. Jean and I sat and listened a lot with our mouths open! She doesn't speak much English that she will admit to, but enough to attend science conferences and get something out of them I guess. I took Ilya some CD-W discs and West Virginia postcards. They gave Jean a handcrafted Russian necklace (with one of those cool "nesting" dolls on it) and I got a handcrarved vodka cup! (hic) Not to mention we have a standing invitation to visit them in Russia now, with free lodging and food! They said they would like to see the New River Gorge Bridge before they leave, so Jean and I are working on how to go back and take them for a drive through "Snowshoe" land.
We had to leave rather early this evening though...the rivers were rising and there was water crossing the highways and roads in many places. It poured most of the day. We will probably awake to more flood stories in the paper tomorrow, but I hope not.
1 wife ("She, who must be obeyed..")

"One advantage of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries"