View Single Post
Old 05-31-2009, 07:55 AM

Re: judgement upon my SVX (long post):

I have nothing but accolades for this well written "story," you could say. It very much reminded me of a few magazine articles I've read on the SVX, and it very much did the SVX justice. Thank you as well for bringing it up. I've only been on here just short of two years, and had never read it. I also recall how similar writer's tales usually start out not knowing what to expect from the SVX, but by the end there is not a car they would rather have been in. Funky windows? Fit the car perfect. Heavy? Don't tell the car, cause it doesn't know. H-6 engine with "only 230" hp.? They must have used really large horses.

This car is one that I believe is truly not appreciated until you've experienced it first-hand. Nay-sayers are quick with the "oh, they only came with automatics" or "but they're not even turbo" comments, but these are people that have clearly never been in the driver's seat of one of these beautiful machines. EVERY time I get out of this thing I have a smile on my face. Even if I've just been to the grocery store and back, it doesn't matter the length of the trip!

The SVX is a driving enthusiast's car, plain and simple. They are not without their share of problems, but what 15 year old car isn't? I certainly did not have the money at the time to buy one new (plus I would have been 12 when mine was originally made) but I am so, SOO glad that someone else had the good sense to buy my current Ebony Mica beast.

I love this car.

Home of the Bontrager Works 22mm rear sway bar!!