Thread: Fuel Pressure
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2003, 03:04 AM
The Molinator

Question Heh! SVXfiles! . . . .

If I'm gonna add a nitrous (Zex) and just keep my drop-in K&N air filter (or use a cone air filter), would that change the effectiveness of the higher pressure fpr (could it then go lean at WOT due to the air efficiency mods) or would it just use more of the fuel delivery without depleting it?

Also, my bro-in-law who is an airplane mechanic by trade and an experienced engine mechanic (boats,cars) tells me that the fpr mod can't work because the engine will compensate for increased fuel pressure at the injector by shortening the pulse. Is that true at WOT where we want the added fuel, or will the "out of the loop" WOT condition allow the added fuel pressure to put more fuel in the mix without computer or air/fuel system controls?

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP AND CREATIVITY!!

P.S. I bot a 22670AA240 for $78 (incl. S/H) from SubaruParts.com.
Just waiting to get these questions answered, then install!
2013 Veloster Red - Driver Now??Dropsprings [1/2" rear, 1" front] with Koni Strut Inserts> Magnaflow Exhaust System> ECUTune Stage 1av1 Upgrade (from 1v4)> ECUTune TCU MOD> Aluminum Crankshaft Pulley> Stainless Brake Lines> Phenolic Spacers> Perforated Brake Rotors (dint like, OEM now)> SmallCar Shift Kit (resting since TCU MOD)> 7-Position Ground System> High-Pressure Fuel Pressure Regulator (resting)> ATF Cooler & Campaign Filter> Yellow Polish Polyurethane Bushings> Pioneer Double-DIN Stereo with JL AUDIO Speakers> Driveshaft Rebuilt with C-Clip U-Joints> 15 Min MOD> 20 Min MOD .. . (2011)
Valentine One Radar Detector with Remote Display - ucan'tseeme!