View Single Post
Old 07-05-2003, 11:32 PM

Re: padded locks...

Quote:
Originally posted by subymtnguy

BTW: Thanks! your fix worked! Outlook express is gone! You computer wizard, you!
Yeah, I know.

What I did was I took the interior door panels off and attached little 1'' square pieces of Velcro to the back side of the door locks. I used tape because the sticky side of the Velcro wouldn't stick. Plus, you couldn't see the tape when the interior panels were put back on.

Unfortunately, however, when I did put the interior panels back on, the locks seemed stiffer than they were before when sliding them up and down. This was due to the friction of the Velcro against the door panel. I may have used too many pieces of Velcro but given the somewhat hollowness of the locks, more than one piece seemed necessary as the first piece would sort of sink into the back of the lock, leaving the edges to tap against the panel.

What didn't occur to me at the time is that the extra force required by actuator to move the locks up and down would wear it out eventually! I guess I learned the hard way and now I don't have power locks.