View Single Post
Old 03-27-2010, 04:20 PM
Nürburgring Warrior!

Registered SVX
Re: new coilover opportunity (March, 2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbtoloczko View Post
The front spring rates are most comparable between the SVX and Evo because both have a MacPherson strut design. Stock Evo is about 200 lbs/in (measured it myself), while the GTWORX springs are 290 lbs/in in the front, the Swift Sport springs settle at about 270 lbs/in in the front, and the Swift Spec R front spring settles at more than 300 lbs/in. So, the lightest available rate for the SVX coilover is comparable to the rate of the better sport strut springs for the Evo (and way lower than all standard coilover spring rates for the Evo). I'm sure you know that there are other contributing factors, namely the damper response. Anyhow, these are definitely a sport oriented coilover.

Thanks for a good response. Those seem to be in short supply on this forum. I actually ran the Swift Sport springs on my Nur spec Evo VIII. We lived in England back then and I thought those made it a bit too skittish on those bumpy British "B" roads. Granted we have, for the most part, better roads here. I understand we are dealing with about 600lb of more mass & a totally different intended purpose with the SVX. What are the stock spring rates for the SVX?
I'm not trying to waste your time but put the pieces together to decide if this is a worthwhile pursuit for me.

BTW I used the same username on EvoM but add an ! on the end. My 2005 GSR made 350whp/330lbft at 21psi on a stock VIII turbo with the basics, FMIC & chargepipes, TBE, Intake, tune and....Oh yeah 272 cams running -4/-1. Damn I should have never sold that car. I think I still hold the record at Mase Engineering (dyno dynamics dyno) for the highest WHP on a stock turbo VIII w/o any power adders. But then when I sold it gas was hitting $4.50 a gallon! Add in 180 miles to the tank... you get the picture. LOL But then I am sure with your numbers this isn't anything new to you.

Last edited by Bonestock; 03-27-2010 at 04:25 PM.