View Single Post
Old 06-13-2009, 07:48 PM

Registered SVX
Re: Car Wont start...... more inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by longassname View Post
That threw me for a loop on my car too when I had your problem back in the day. The keyswitch disconnects the accessory circuit in the crank position.

There are several contact points in the ignition circuit. It seems like more than one of them go bad so there has in the past been some contention and hostillity on the subject when people have insisted it's this or that and other people insisted it was that instead of this because that's what failed on their car.

The spade connector on the starter solenoid can get crappy, the starter can get crappy, the ignition switch can get crappy, the inhibitor switch can get crappy. I don't know if anyone has checked the starter interupt relay adaptor but it would be another potential failure point on US models.

The relay mod seems to work no matter where your failure is. It doesn't have to be a bosch relay. Most auto parts stores carry a generic version of the bosch relay and even number the terminals the same.

I modified the illustration someone else here made to be a little bit clearer (at least in my mind):
N.B.
Quote:
"I don't know if anyone has checked the starter interupt relay adaptor but it would be another potential failure point on US models."
Or the relay when fitted.

The above wiring diagram should be substituted for others published to date, particularly as the solenoid and starter is correctly illustrated.`

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!