View Single Post
Old 09-20-2005, 12:21 PM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark
i think you're confusing "initial quality" (1st 3 months, rattles, stupid stuff that gets fixed under warranty) with long term quality (unless you can see into teh future.)

Domestics haven't proven themselves just yet, and i'm not getting bit in the a55 again until i see evidence proving otherwise. besides, the big 3 aren't building cars that i would want to buy, or even look at (in my price range, anyway.)
1 - long term reliability depends on the owner, not the factory. and...as TOYOTA THEMSELVES say "the best new cars make the best used cars".

2 - It is true that the improvements that domestic manufacturers have made will only just be starting to be noticeable now. So yes, if you are thinking along those lines, you would be better served to wait to buy ANY car, because within the next few years, you will notice the long term quality of all changing drastically. The imports will start becoming the "problematic cars" and the domestics will take over the "rock solid reliable" mark. This has already begun as evidenced by long term tests performed by magazines and professional evaluation organizations.

3 - If you have no interest in American cars because you find them dull or unattractive, why are you even arguing? Seems like you have no need to worry about this anyway.