View Single Post
Old 07-01-2003, 11:09 AM
Fighting with electricity

Send a message via AIM to SVX10 Send a message via Yahoo to SVX10
buuut

Bad things happen outside the name of christianity also. I'm not saying the crusades and such were right. I think it's unfortunate that people look at the crusades and such and therefore decide that christianity or another organized religion is fundamentally flawed. The bottom line is that those types of things aren't accurate representations of what the religion is all about. You can go out daily and see religious people (and non religious people at that) doing things that people would definately approve of, but christians are still remembered for things that happened forever ago. A similar, although possibly slightly askew, comparison would be saying that America is messed up because it dropped an A-bomb. We killed sooo many people. Now I know there are arguments like "it ended the war," and "Imagine the amount of lives that would've been lost had the war continued for 5 years." I'm not here to decide if the a-bomb was right, that's not my point. My point is that there were probably similar "excuses" like that for the crusades and such, and wheter right or wrong, they don't represent the group or beliefs of the whole.

*I just focused on the crusades for ease of typing. I'm not some kind of crusades defender. Heck, I don't really know much about them at all.
92 SVX LS-L - Ebony Pearl - 2002 WRX 5MT trans w/STi gearset (rebuilt & installed myself ) - BMW E46 HID retrofit - Kenwood Headunit - Phoenix Gold 75x4 RMS amp - Alpine Type R 6.5" front components - Alpine Type R 6x9 3way rear speakers - 18"x9" Rota G-Force wheels w/225/40ZR18 Toyo T1R's - Mychailo's custom springs - Urethane front & rear sway bar bushings - KC exhaust (2.5" dual magnaflow) - Escaine seat swap - Removed Spoiler

I don't care if Subaru says it's STI...it will always be STi to me