View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 04:17 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Re: The sales brochure

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetboy View Post
Our new friend Kristen not only has the 6 service manuals, he also got the original sales brochure. I will try to scan it tomorrow and post it here.

Meanwhile, this 91/92 brochure makes interesting statements:

* VTD-4WD has 35/65 front rear distribution
* ABS and VTD are interconnected through "the computer": 'Each wheel is equippmed with its own speed sensor and control valve [4 channel ABS]. The data obtained from each wheel is processed by the computer, which then issues independent control instructions for the front, and rear wheels simultaneously. At the same time, control is exercised over the E-4AT and VTD-4WD systems. When the ABS is activated, torque is distributed to maintain an optimum balance between the front and rear wheels, ensuring running stability even in low "mu" conditions such as ice covered road.'

I will post my scan as soon as possible.

The available colours in 1992 were:

249 Silver Metallic
222 Dark Grey Metallic
235 Black Mica
947 Mica Ruby
265 Dark Red Mica
267 White Mica
That description leaves a lot out, and infers that the ABS wheel sensors are connected to the gearbox. I have added the bits left out.

* VTD-4WD has 36/64 front rear distribution
* ABS are interconnected through "the ABS computer": 'Each wheel is equippmed with its own speed sensor and control valve [4 channel ABS]. The data obtained from each wheel is processed by the ABS computer, which then issues independent braking control instructions for the front, and rear wheels simultaneously. At the same time, control is exercised over the E-4AT and VTD-4WD systems. When the ABS is activated, the gearbox changes back to 3rd gear, torque is distributed to maintain an optimum balance between the front and rear wheels, ensuring running stability even in low "mu" conditions such as ice covered road.'

Harvey.

95 Lsi. Bordeaux Pearl, Aust. RHD.149,000Kls Subaru BBS wheels.
97 Liberty GX Auto sedan. 320,000Kls.
04 Liberty 30R Auto Premium. 92.000kls.