View Single Post
Old 12-03-2011, 07:14 AM

Send a message via AIM to SVXyGirl Send a message via Yahoo to SVXyGirl
Registered SVX
Re: Can we fix it?!......eh...probably not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew833 View Post
Pretty much ALL left turn accidents in Utah are automatically the fault of the person turning left. (I've been in a few!)
This ^. Generally Maryland is the same as far as automatic fault if someone hits you in the rear, but apparently this is wrong in this instance since I was hit in the side/rear. I pointed that out to the police and insurance that she clipped the the rear most part of my car. If she hadn't been on her phone, maybe she would have not been speeding and been able to at least tap her brakes enough to avoid hitting me. All the more reason I believe she was trying to make the light the second it turned yellow. I was treated like **** at the scene. Police barely spoke to me. They avoided me like the plague. And argued with my fiancé and insurance company about who was coming to tow the car. If I had known I would have had to personally pay for the towing and bull**** storage fees, I would have had the car towed to my work to sit until I could get my friends trailer to tow it home. Would have saved me about $400+ dollars. *sigh* It's been hell this last week. I can only say that I'm ok. Cars can be replaced/fixed. And hopefully I can fight the ticket. BTW I was given a ticket for negligent driving ($280). NOT "failure to yield to oncoming traffic while turning left." Im typing this from my phone so I can elaborate more later.
92 Claret SVX LS-L (180k) 09/91 #5,732
06 Suzuki Boulevard M50 7k
68 Cadillac Coupe DeVille (70k) Storage/hibernation for now.

Past SVXs:
94 SVX Emerald Pearl FWD (Sold)
96 SVX Bourdeaux LSi (Sold)
92 Pearl SVX LSL "Stay Puft" 5MT (140k) #148 (RIP)
95 Brilliant Red SVX LS (162k) 12/94 #564 "Killer Tomato" (RIP)