View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 11:03 AM

Re: Drove my 97 for the first time

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecg View Post
Mine was probubly the quickest sale. At least for the dealership. I bought mine used. I paid what they gave the guy for a trade in. I was test driving it as he was leaving with the New Jaguar that he traded it on. I left with the car about an hour and a half later. I just happened to show up when they brought the car over to there used car lot. It was parked in the customer parking area right beside my POA. I was getting in my car to leave when a dealer approached me and asked if I saw anything I like. I said "just that red car sitting beside mine, shame it isn't forsale". He replied, " Actually it just got traded in so if you really are interested lets take it for a drive." As we were pulling out for the test drive he points over to a blue Jag leaving and says, " see that car leaving, that's the guy that just traded it in." It was early summer 2002. The SVX was a 1994 FWD L model with only 12,000 miles on it. The dealership didnt even have to detail it. It even still had the factory tires. The owner claimed it had only been driven on sunny days. I got home and it rain for a week straight.
Thats a finny story. Yup, I would have to agree and say that it is prob one of the quickest used car sales ever.

I kind of did that with my 2005 Volvo XC90 except it was new at the time. Went in to my Volvo dealer on my way home from work to get a quote on a new windshield for my 02 Volvo S60, it had chipped/cracked the day before due to a huge flying stone. While waiting there was new 05 White XC90 truck in the glass delivery room off the show room. I always look there because the cars are at there best just having been prepped for delivery and never yet on the road. While waiting and eying the XC90 the salesman walks over to me and says ..."nice huh?". I agreed and said yup too bad its sold. He said funny thing was that the buyer sitting just over there has just backed out even though he had left a non refundable $5000 before taxes deposit as a down payment. It was not refundable because the truck was a special order. Ordered without premium package but with the NAVIGATION, Seven Seats, Sun Roof, Big Tires, and Leather which were all added manually at the same cost of what it would have been to have the premium package. The premium would have added all those plus in addition the wood trim, integrated garage opener home link, an upgraded stereo, and tinted glass as a whole package. The dealer new that they could not sell a car with most the options but not have actual premium package with the wood trim, Garage opener, upgraded sound system and tinted glass for near the same retail cost. The salesman said in a joking manner, "the next guy will be happy as the dealer ship owner just wants the car gone and is willing to pass on the $5000 savings on the the next buyer plus knock off another $500. I said sold, signed and waited the 1 hour for the paper work to go through and drove it home that same night. I actually prefer not to have the black rear tinted glass anyway as I hate heavy dark tints at night. To top it all off Volvo had the loyalty program at the time giving another $750 off plus 2% lower interest rates on lease or finance to existing Volvo owners while letting them out of their current Volvo leases if within the last 18 months and more than half the term had passed. My rate ended up being 0.9%. I scored a total of $6250 off the already lowered from sticker price that the previous buyer had negotiated, I just couldn't pass it up. On top of that they took back my current 2002 leased car without me having to replace the windshield which would have cost me another $800 so really some $7050 in savings. The wife was a little confused with the windshield turning into a whole new car idea.....

Anyways...

Regards

Max