Thread: New meet!
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2002, 01:56 PM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX
Talking New meet!

he he he You all knew I couldn't get past the 48 hour mark from the last meet before I put up a thread on a new one! It's what I do!

I'm not jumping the gun or anything though, I seriously want to get something planned far out ahead of time so people can mark their calendars and plan on being there. So it may be over a month away, but these days folks need time to get work off, make sure nothing is going on, etc.

I think the first thing to do would be to figure out an approximate time period to do it in, and then figure out when the most folks can attend with all their existing commitments. Only after that has been established will we make a definite time and start marking our calendars. Then the next step will be location, events, etc.

So I'll start it off with suggesting it be no later than the end of October. That "should" give us clear road conditions over most of the passes (for drive tours and/or folks coming from the East), slightly less chance of rain, and by the time we get this going, some nice fall foliage.

Anyone else care to suggest something different, or narrow that time period down?

1992 SVX LSL "Serenity" 250,000 miles!

I don't care, I'm still free, You can't take the sky from me...