View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 07:05 PM
242,000 mi on oem trans

Registered SVX
Both versions of the Alcyone wre financial disasters for Subaru. This is why we'll likely never see another coupe badged as an Alcyone.

The engineering, and design of both cars was pure genius. Unfortunately, until the advent of the WRX, Subaru didn't have the reputation of building a world class performance car. As SVX fans we're loathe to admit, that even back in the day, the SVX wasn't a super high performance vehicle. The performance was squarely midpack for the class. The design & execution, however were nothing short of STELLAR.

The SVX gets ripped on by the press for it's weight. Benebob & Hocrest can attest, that the weight is built DEEP into the structure of the car. It's that weight that makes it so dadgum comfy on the highway!

Remember the mandate on this car was "The Balanced Luxury Performance Coupe". Equal parts cush & push. I enjoy my SVX for that balance. I like cruising in it, knowing that I can stand on it & get shoved back in my seat. No car I've ever driven masks speed like the SVX.

To me, modding an SVX takes that wonderful balance out. My hat is off to the guys that do mod the crap out of these cars though. It takes time, money, creativity, and money. Did I mention it takes money?

The press never REALLY understood the GT aspect of the SVX.
Current Stable By Age:
'89 Subaru XT6 Silver "Audrey" as in Hepburn
'96 SVX LSi #767Brilliant Red "Lil Red" Now on the front burner. Looking for a totalled, but running parts car.